Antenna switch matrices
We design and build customized antenna switch matrices for radio monitoring purposes. In order to determine the best solution for your needs, we need to know the following:
- switch matrix size - the number of input and outputs, passive matrix or including insertion loss compensation;
- frequency range(s) - for the whole matrix or for each input;
- matrix type - full matrix (any combination of outputs at each input) or exclusive matrix (only one output at each input);
- install conditions - desktop, 19" rack, indoor/outdoor, connector types;
- control - LAN, serial port, USB, touchscreen;
- extra features - built-in test, included lightning protectors etc.
Constructively we prefer using readily available RF modules, interconnected with semi-rigid coaxial cables. This provides a very good separation between the RF path and the communications/control electronics, minimizing all possible interferences. The switch matrices built like that typically achieve isolations above 65dB between grouped inputs in the matrix (selected by the same switch) and over 95dB for inputs in different groups.
For remotely controlled switches, through serial port or LAN, we provide a very intuitive control application and full documentation of the protocol for integrating in other applications. Switches with LAN connectivity usually come with LCD display with touchscreen, also allowing local control and providing a simple way of setting the network parameters.
Detailed information is provided for the following models:
- RCN-RFSW-8-8-ETH - 8-inputs/8-outputs, controlled locally or through Ethernet, non-blocking structure.
For more information and quotes please contact us!